Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 won't drive auto antenna tuner

jcfjr
jcfjr Member
I have setup a new station at new location, new antenna. My Flex worked flawlessly with my auto tuner at previous location. Now it wont transmit anything to allow the tuner to adjust, just gives high swr warning. I can use my Yeasu FT-2000 to drive the tuner and it adjusts the swr down to 1.1 to 1, but when I disconnect the FT-2000, and reconnect my Flex to the system, Flex gives high swr warning and refuses to transmit, even though tuner has tuned to low swr. I don't know how many times I have gone through this process of getting antenna tuned with FT2000, then hooking up Flex, but same results except for one time the Flex actually drove the tuner and tuned the antenna. Don't know what was different this one time, but I have not been able to recreate it and get Flex to work with my tuner. Please help

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

We need some more data.

What make is your external tuner?

Which model of FlexRadio

Which version of software?

Doe your tuner require a PTT line? If so, did you enable the PTT in TX Band settings?

Can you also post a screen shot of SmartSDR showing the High SWR message? The reason I ask, is that I have never seen one and I have transmitted into dead shorts and opens many times. It just shows the SWR bar graph all the way to the right.

There isn't a lot of information to go with here, so more details would really help. Even a video from a cell phone would be amazing.

• jcfjr
    jcfjr Member
    I saw the High swr message in DDutil. The radio did not show any SWR on the bar graph, it would just shoot all the way right and then back to nothing with no power output. My inline swr meter would also show no power, no reading.

I worked with Flexradio help desk yesterday, and through this process I discovered that something in my profiles was corrupted. Once I did a factory reset, the problem went away. When I reinstalled my profiles the problem came back. I did not have any profiles that I really needed, so I started over with a fresh radio. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

Jim AA8BB
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

So, we need to start over.

It sounds like an issue with a specific profile. Glad you got it sorted out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.