Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to log in remote with Maestro - 401 Error?

I am trying to log into SmartLink with my Maestro, remotely, and when I enter my email and my password the "gray" bar above it comes up with "401" in the left end of the bar.

My MacBook Pro with SmartSDR for Mac logs in just fine, so the SmartLink system is working. I just can't log onto it with my Maestro?

Is the "401" a clue? Any ideas what to try next?? Thank you all, so much for your ongoing wonderful and helpful resource, here on the Community.

Answers

• K7JV
    K7JV Member ✭✭

Problem solved! It turns out that it was a password issue. When trying to connect remotely and having a problem it can be any of a number of issues. It's a shame that there doesn't appear to be any guidance "on the web" that could help. A friend shared his SmartLink account name and password to log in, and it worked. So that told me that it wasn't a Maestro or an Internet issue. It had to be username or password related. After trying several, I got lucky and stumbled onto the right one. It is now recorded in a safe place. Thank you all for at least thinking about my problem. If my experience can help anyone, AWESOME!! Just remember the "401". 👍

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭

"If you can remember your passwords, you're doing it wrong"

In this day-and-age, brute force guessing of passwords is super-fast, cheap and easy. I have two recommendations, which will help you also with your Flex passwords/logins:

-use a Password Manager. I happen to like and use KeePass (across Linux, MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android).

-these days, use a password of 20 characters (upper, lower), punctuation, numbers. Or more.

In anticipation of the day we all pass away, write this one, lone password (for your password-manager) on a piece of paper, and stick in on the bottom of your keyboard. Make sure hte widow(er)-to-be knows where this is and what it's for, if only to hand it to a knowledgeable friend, for help.

You need security today, and you need to enable survivors to help during a time of grief.

• K7JV
    K7JV Member ✭✭

You are so right, "Sparkyradar". I do use a password manager and it is GREAT!! There are a few (as in probably no more than three or four) where I use a rememberable password, but they are for what you might call dead-end uses with no path to anything potentially damaging. Unfortunately, the username and password procedure for the Maestro units is as user friendly as a diamondback rattlesnake!!!! I find the GUI on the Maestros to be incredibly primitive and barebones. Hopefully as FLEX moves to the next generation of "tablet" for going forward, they will be a better user experience.

Your thoughts regarding surviving spouses, etc. is well noted! We've got that covered.

Cheers to you and yours, and thank you for your input. 👍

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.