Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No changes to computer or LAN 6300

Options
Pat Hamp
Pat Hamp Member ✭✭

I have 6300 and it's been perfect so I do not think it's the radio. Everything has been working as it should. I have several computers on my home LAN. the one in the room with the 6300 works as it should plugged in to the router in that room. On the other side of that wall is my home office where I have another machine I use to listen and monitor my 6300 so I can bag the occasional FT8 contact while working, its on a WIN 11 desktop. Both computers are on the same LAN and off the same master Verizon Modem/router. The strange part is everything has been peachy until a few days ago and now my office machine will only connect via Smartlink, it's not seeing the 6300 on the network directly. Thus, Slicemaster doesn't work. It shows no connections. I have done resets etc. and am stumped.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If you office computer only works via SmartLink then something has changed and it is likely on a different subnet or, for some reason the firewall may have been turned on your office computer. Those are a few of the things I would look at.

Your office computer is not hearing the broadcast messages from the radio for some reason.

What are the IP addresses of the Radio and the 2 computers? That may help us to diagnose further.

• Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I will look at the firewall first then look at the IP addresses.

Regards! Funny I never noticed the 5 years going by so fast!

Pat

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.