Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Powered relatively new 6600 (new in January) up and I get the flashing red light

Options

So I have a boot failure based on the flashing red light. I tried a cold start and reboot per Tim's documentation. I get the radio into into the reset mode - solid white. After about 90 seconds the flashing red light appears again and stays that way untilI power down the radio. I did open up a help desk ticket.

Don kx9q

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

What is the pattern of red flashing? The support staff is the best method but let us know the pattern.

Dave wo2x

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    Options

3 red flashes, pause, 3 red flashes, pause, etc. According to the Flex manual that indicates a boot failure.

Don

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Time to open a Help Desk ticket. Boot failure is usually, but not always, a failure of the SD card.

James

WD5GWY

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The radio is already on it's way back to the mother ship.

Don - kx9q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.