Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

4 instances of WSJT-x logging program

Options

Help!

I have a 6600 with 4 slices open with 4 instances of WSJT-x open, everything between these are working well however, is there or why don’t we have a logging program that can except input from the 4 (or more) instances of WSJT-x or any other digital program? I have tried several programs some work well others are just too difficult to set up. Below is a list and my experiences with them.

HRD log works ok, been using for years haven’t really drilled down into it to see if this would work. Seems to be only one instance at a time. Maybe I’m wrong.

AClog is a great program but limited to one instance.

Swiss Log is a setup nightmare, trying to import an ADI log is a real pain IMHO not very intuitive. This has, I think, the capability I’m look for, but the learning curve is steep.

WinLog32 has its own issues like, I can’t get the dx cluster to work.

I have tried a few others to no avail. (DX Labs, N1MM+, Log40M, …)

Anyone has any suggestions please let me know and send along and helpful setup hints you may have.

George N1NAZ

Best Answers

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I use JTAlert with WSJT-X with Flex 6600 and HRD. No problem logging all 4 slices into log.

JTAlert allows the acknowledgement as it logs into HRD.

Is it that you want to go directly from wsjt to logging database? JTAlert is very effective in data management.

Bill

W9JJB

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I use JTAlert with my 4 slices and it works just fine.

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks BILL and GARY that worked!

Question, the auto start features from what I understand only works with the first instance of WSJT-x so I guess a program like slice master is still needed to conveniently start up all slices and WSJT-x instances before running FTAlert. Correct?

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I do not use Slicemaster, I simply just use the --rig-name command line switch feature on WSJT to discretely launch 4 different instances of WSJT

Answers

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok Thanks Gary

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭
    Options

George , this is a great youtube for setting up 4 WSJT-X https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYUYfaU02c

Ed

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

George,

I am running LogHX3 that is a free logger, very flexible and powerful!

Since I have 6600 and Maestro, i always running 2 Slices and 2 WSJT-X as it easy to control with Maestro - VFO an VFO B knobs. I also not running more than 2 slices as I have a Steppir antenna on 40m and above and it cannot be tuned for every band.

I have 2 LogHX logs open and they talk to each other and each QSO logged to one Log shows in another, very comfortable. You can install 4 LOGHX's, not sure how to setup a communication between 4 of them though. We can ask author if it possible

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.