Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 limited edition

I am looking at purchasing a used 6700 limited edition. I have no serial number or other information regarding the radio. My understanding is that these are an early version of the 6700, and my question is will these radios operate with the latest version of SmartSDR? if a license is required to operate the new version what is the cost of that? also finally are there any hardware limitations on this unit compared to the current offering?

thank you

Tom

NI1A

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Yes, it will run the current version of SW and all versions in between. I use a LE 6500 as an alpha tester.

If it has any version 3 SW installed it can be upgraded to the latest release of V3 at no cost.

If it has V2 installed it can be upgraded to the latest release of V2 at no cost.

The license upgrade from V1 or V2 software to V3 is ( I believe ) $200.

I know of no hardware/operational limitations of the LE vs. current hardware.

AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.