Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JTDX will PTT with no power output or audio signal out

Hello has anyone experience an issue on FT8 using JTDX that will be working just fine and randomly will PTT the Flex (in my case a 6600) but will not send any audio or signal ?

It's been working fine for several weeks and even today all OK and suddenly will received and will PTT but not audio, sometime if I closed JTDX and open it again will work, others I have to close both JTDX and SmartSDR and others close both and power off all including the PC and might go back and work, well today I did all those scenarios to even reinstalled JTDX and will have CAT, will receive with PTT but no output...

I think I read something similar perhaps on the Facebook group but since it was working OK I thought it was all OK.

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I can't say if this is related, but if I leave WSJT-X running for a while, I'm unsure how long, I have to close and restart it in order to transmit. Receive always works. So I'm in the habit of just restarting WSJT-X prior to trying to use it.

Same condition that you noted. PTT keys the radio, red LED, but no TX output.

• Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭

In my case I basically only run JTDX and it does not seem to have a pattern of when or why it will not TX output (audio). It was working perfectly for a long time by now it didn't matter if I was transmitting a lot or just receiving for hours.

Today made a few QSOs OK then I notice it so I started the routine of trying it to solve it but so far none of that seemed to work as in the past...

• Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭

Also if I just apply TUNE to the radio it will key with power output. So for sure it seems an audio issue.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

OK, slightly different.

If I click the tune button in WSJT-X I get no power output when in the failure mode.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.