Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Network Diagnostics Will Not Deploy from Task Bar

All:

Has anyone had a case where the Networks Diagnostics Tool will not deploy from the Windows Task Bar? I see on the task bar, and when I attempt to view nothing happens. I had it yesterday, wonder if it's hidden somewhere.

Rich, AJ3G

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

I have never seen anything like that... I would submit a help desk ticket.

• AJ3G
    AJ3G Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Len:

Ken Wells sent the following over which did resolve the issue:

This is most likely caused by a corruption in yur SSDR.settings file on your computer.

-Reset the SSDR.settings file on your PC
    -If SmartSDR for Windows is running, close it down.
    -Then enter %APPDATA% into the Windows Search box. It will display a folder as a result of the search.
    Select the folder.
    -If you are presented with a set of folders of which one of them is ROAMING, select that folder.
    -You will see a FlexRadio Systems folder listed. Double click on it to open the folder.
    -In that folder is a file with the name SSDR.settings. Delete that file.
    -Restart SmartSDR for Windows.

Hopefully this may help resolve the issues for others.

Rich, AJ3G

Answers

• KD0RC

Hi Rich, It's not on the Task Bar, it's on the SmartSDR window. Sometimes it pops up on a different monitor, so watch for that as well.

• AJ3G
    AJ3G Member ✭✭
    Len - That is not what I see when I depress the Icon you have circled. I certainly used to. What I see is in the .jpg I have attached. I looked over both monitors, and cant find the window you are depicting.

Rich, AJ3G
  • KD0RC

Well, that's interesting... What happens if you click on the Icon that comes up? Which version of Windows are you using?

• AJ3G
    AJ3G Member ✭✭
    Other than that icon on the task bar being "highlighted", nothing at all happens. I thought perhaps it moved somewhere out of view, but I can find any evidence of it. I am running Windows 10.

It used to work just as you demonstrated on your screenshot, but now I get what I show you on my task bar.

Rich, Aj3G
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe try ctl-alt-del and run task manager to see if is actually running.

• LA4XLA
    LA4XLA Member ✭✭

Another funny behaviour of the Network Diagnostics Window. Seems tha app is running, but contents not visible. tried deleting smart sdr ini file. Same problem.

LA4XLA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.