Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Stream Deck: programming buttons to reflect active slice status

Options

I have Stream Deck buttons to change the active slice to A,B,C, or D:

I'm hoping for a way for the active slice button--which ever slice it happens to be at the time--to show as a different color than the 3 inactive slices. My question is how can I make that happen?

Thanks, Rick N0VT

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Node Red.

Using FRStack you do not get positive feedback from FRStack to show which slice is active. You can do it by using web socket connection from Stream Deck to Node Red.

There are a lot of Node Red flows already written for integration to the Stream Deck.

Here’s a link to the Node Red for Ham Radio group some of us created.

73 Dave wo2x

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here is an example of what Dave refers to. Slice Select Buttons are in the bottom row. I set them up to make the slice both the active and tx slice.

Other buttons are; Spot Memories, Select Memory and Select Radio.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I installed node red on my PC per the instructions at nodered.org, but it wouldn't run. The error message says running scripts is disabled on my computer so I guess I'm dead in the water right out of the box.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

I run Node Red server on a Raspberry Pi 400 on my network. It then talks to the radio via the radio API, FRStack which I installed on the Pi, and to the Stream Decks on the PC (yes, I have a Stream Deck + and Stream Deck XL)

73 Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

And for Node Red for Flex and some accessories such as amps, tuners, etc, a Raspberry Pi 3b or newer should work fine. Prices are starting to drop on the Pi units. I have seen the Pi 4b for around $57 and the Pi400 cost me $71.

73 Dave wo2x

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rick

I do not think Dave's WiKi includes a Windows Node-Red install. Dave, am I correct?

In any event, here is a link to the node red.org instructions for a Windows install...After that, Dave's WiKI in other respects is a good source.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the info Dave, but it sounds like starting from scratch purchasing boards, cables, power supply etc would be overkill for my situation. I don't have a need for extra functions or the ability to control anything remotely.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

Ok. Just a suggestion. I do run two stations that are fully remote capable. I just thought if you had a Pi laying around…

Dave wo2x

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Rick N0VT — I haven’t used my StreamDeck in awhile, but, I think I remember there was a toggle feature that allowed a different picture for each button state? Something to consider?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.