Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to get Yaesu FTDX101 to operate with TGXL and PGXL in Vox or CW Key or N1MM without High SWR RFP

Options

I have both a Flex 6600 and an FTDX101MP that I use with my PGXL and SO2R TGXL. I also use an 8 port SO2R Antenna Genius. All is prefect with the Flex 6600 as expected.

I noticed last night while on 160 SSB and using VOX with my headset for the first time on the 101MP that I was getting constant "HIGH SWR RFP" from the PGXL and TGXL was tuned and SWR flat. I finally determined that all was good when using the Foot Switch or MOX on a Desk Mic. At this time I have a PTT cable out of the 101MP into PTT IN on the TGXL then TGXL OUT to the PTT IN on the B side of things. Using RF Sensing at this time. I just set N1MM up for the FTDX101MP on CW and I receive the same error.

So, Basically I am not able to use VOX on the 101MP nor can I use CW with a key or when using software like N1MM without getting the "HIGH SWR RFP" error pretty much becomes useless in a CW contest and an SSB contest if I want to use VOX.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks

Joe - K4JKB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.