Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with v3.4.21

Options
2»

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think I finally found the problem with my 6600M. All it took was reading and reading again, the Profiles section of the 6400M/6600M Owners Manual. I had been following all of Tim's excellent advice going through each step he outlined on resetting the Persistence Database. But, after reading the manual many times over, I think I finally found the missing piece of the puzzle. The GLOBAL profile needs to be set. I had left it on DEFAULT. Default is what I believe keeps making the radio go back to a particular band,even if the radio was shutdown on a different band.

I replaced DEFAULT with SO2R and made sure my microphone was the correct one in the Microphone profile. The TX profile I left alone. I put the radio on 80 meters and shut it down. Waited a good while ( lunch time) came back and restarted the radio and it came up on 80 meters. Did it again. Still on 80 meters where it was when shutdown. The last time I switched to 10 meters. Waited several minutes and shutdown the radio. Came back later in the afternoon and powered up the radio and it was on 10 meters where it was when I shut it down previously. I am optimistic using the Default setting was behind the whole problem. I am glad Tim is a patient person. Otherwise, no telling what I might have done!

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, if you were taking bets as to whether or not the things in my previous post actually corrected the problem, and you bet no, you would have won! Maybe, the next update will fix this problem and introduce another, more obscure, hard to figure out bug.

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Finally success. I rolled back to v3.3.29 and now e everything is working correctly.

Many band changes and power off then restarts and the radio returns to the previous band each time. So,I am staying at v3.3.29 for a while.

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, today the problem decided to return in full force. It is back to not going to the previous band used along with the settings used again. Version 3.3.29 wasn't/ isn't, the answer. This problem is much deeper than that. My personal guess, it's haunted! The 6600M hates me! What else could it be???

James

WD5GWY

• Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭
    Options

I recently downloaded 2.9.1 and it is doing the same. It is on 20 meters on every start up and I never work 20 meters

My radio is a 6300.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Roger

Based on your observations, I strongly believe a third-party application was commanding your Flex Radio band.

If you know of any, could you try shutting them down?

If not, perhaps a third party is running, and you must be made aware. FRStack can be this way. To test this, disconnect the Radio's TCP connection from your LAN, and connect to a single PC, direct TCP to TCP, running only Smart SDR.

Now, could you test the start-ups as you have been doing?

If you are comfortable, you could also "Wire Shark" the Flex Radio TCP connection to observe if there are any external commands.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Alan, in my case, there are no 3rd party applications causing the problem. It is a known, yet rare firmware problem. It was identified by the Flex Help Desk tech as SMART-9418.

Roger,

I suggest you open a Help Desk Ticket for this particular problem. That way, there is more evidence that other's besides myself, are experiencing this problem. But, before, doing that, make sure you have done a Factory Reset according to the Update instructions. You can reload your profiles, ( Export them from SmartSDR first to your desktop) Then, go thru the steps setting up your radio. Switch band to the one you use the most. Then, quickly press the power button. It should take nearly 15 seconds for the radio to power down and save your settings. If it is less than 10 seconds, you can be certain your last band used will not come up when you power back up. After waiting the suggested time in the Release Notes, power your radio back on. Hopefully, it will come back to the band you were on when you powered it down. If it does, you are good to go. And can go thru each band and make your settings again. Don't forget to setup your microphone as well.

Good luck.

James

WD5GWY

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Options

Just to update on this issue (SMART-9418), I remoted into James system and observed what he was seeing and then I was able to duplicate the issue on my 6400M here in the office. Now that we have a sequence that causes the problem, we should be able to get to the bottom of this and get it addressed.

Thanks to James for his willingness to allow us to connect to his radio and for bringing this issue to our attention.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.