Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Programmatically engage SPLIT

n8wrl
n8wrl Member ✭✭

SmartSDR 3.4.21

I'm using the .NET API. Given the "active" slice, I want to engage SPLIT. Here's what I'm doing at a high level:

Get the active slice

Call clone and get two slices (they're offset correctly for split by mode automagically - nice!)

Flag the new one as TX.

Everything behaves as SPLIT, except that the UI does not turn on SPLIT in the UI:

I even got the audio pan to put A on the left side and B on the right. Exactly what I want!

How do I get the SPLIT to light up in the UI?

Thanks, and 73!

Brian na8wrl

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Brian, I think that split is a function of SmartSDR, not the API. I went looking for it at one point, and realized that I can set all the split parameters (like you did) and get a perfectly functioning split, but since I set it myself, SSDR doesn't know about it. The API talks to the radio, not to other apps (like SSDR).

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭

I should have known better, Len - this was the same issue with panadapter positioning as a slice moves.

I'm talking to the radio, not to SmartSDR

I'm talking to the radio, not to SmartSDR

I should remember that by now!

Thanks!

-Brian n8wrl

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I guess that it is a reflection of the very tight integration between the client (SSDR) and server (radio) that Flex has achieved. You have to think about it to realize where one starts and the other leaves off!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.