Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT.settings Read-only attribute

Options

My upgrade to SmartSDR 3.4.21 went flawlessly up until it appeared that I'd (again) lost my SmartSDR CAT settings. I manually re-established the settings for the digital software I'm using (including HRD and Winlink), and after following the procedure for deleting the CAT.settings file and starting again all was good. Then (related or not?) after doing a needed Dell Command (not Windows) update, for which I'd shut down all software and the radio box just to be sure, the CAT settings were gone again when I brought everything back up.

Deleting the two auto-entered CAT settings didn't allow me to re-do the CAT settings as before (no CAT ports in the pull down). I found that I could not copy over a good backup CAT.settings file as the current CAT.settings file was access denied. It was set to Read-only. Knowing I had a good backup, I unchecked the Read-only box and when re-starting SmartSDR CAT all of my old settings were back! A re-look at the CAT.settings file revealed that it was once again set to Read-only; okay fine, all is working. I'm not sure if unchecking Read-only was what allowed my CAT settings to return, but there appears to be evidence for that not knowing anything further. Maybe this (or any corrections to it) might be helpful to someone else.

Thanks,

Mark, AC3EW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.