Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Keying Delay when using Flex 6400M + HRD + WSJT-X

Options
As recommended I have WSJT-X connect to HRD, and then HRD connects to the Flex 6400. I did this to use the HRD alert function which shows me what contacts are new to me.
The problem is a over 1 second delay from the time I see WSJT showing Tx to the time the radio goes into transmit. This is bad on FT-8, but I've been making contacts. It's REALLY bad on FT-4 because of the shorter transmit time.
I'm using BktTimesync for my PC clock, and that is working well. But I don't understand why I'm getting so much delay!

Answers

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭
    Options

OM David,

Open CAT application and create PTT type COM port. Note its number.

Open RADIO setup in WSJT-X and in PTT settings select this port and select RTS.

You can also activate VOX in SSDR and select it WSJT-X RADIO setup, but I found it not very stable and responsive at times.

I very much prefer JTDX improved version rather than WSJT-X.

Tom

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.