Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro (Model-A) For Sale

Options

I'd like to sell my Maestro Model-A. (My on/off switch is on the top.) LOL

I’m a Mac guy, so I recently bought all of the SmartSDR software for my various Mac devices, and then I realized that I don’t really need the physical knobs like I once thought I did.

Today (Feb 8th), I shipped my Maestro Model-A off to FlexRadio to get it completely checked out and updated to the new 3.3.33 version. My plan is to ship it directly from the factory to the new owner with the new factory checkout in place. Just to be clear, this is a used piece of equipment and there is no warrantee, However, the new owner will have the confidence that I just paid for a complete diagnostic at the factory. This Maestro is being sold “as is” but with the extra benefit of have a fresh factory check.

No scratches, no functional issues, comes with the FHM-3 microphone, power supply, and non-hinged feet. 

Will consider any serious offers above $1.1k plus the actual shipping costs. 73, Bill, WA9L

Tagged:

Comments

• bbaker256
    bbaker256 Member ✭✭
    Options
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just to update you a little bit and maybe keep someone from getting the wrong Idea, SmartSDR version updates does NOT go with the Maestro but stays with the Radio so offering it as a perk may be something you may want to correct.

• bbaker256
    bbaker256 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Bret -

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't mean to imply that SmartSDR updates were "perks". I think (hope) everyone knows that the software goes with the radio.

The challenge for me with my Maestro has been that the updating process doesn't always go so smoothly. In this case my Maestro had to first have a new memory card installed, and then I subsequently spent many hours of my time trying to get the new .NET software to install on the Dell platform that Flex uses inside their Maestro boxes. (Finally I gave up and shipped it back to FlexRadio for a complete checkup.)

I guess the "perk" in this case is that I put in that effort to make sure that this Maestro has version 3.3.33 installed and it is ready to rock and roll for the next owner. 73 Bill WA9L

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see your point, the .NET updates are a pain and having it ready to go for the buyer is important. Dealing with an imbedded Windows OS and slim amount of memory and processor the Maestro has must be a huge pain in the neck to do a imbedded Windows system upgrade.

I have a Maestro A and just changed out the Dell Battery because I noticed the display showed a silver dollar size spot, this was a easy job WITH the right tool and Batteries are readily available on Amazon, Now my maestro A is good as new.

73's

• bbaker256
    bbaker256 Member ✭✭
    Options

Got this Maestro fixed by Flex and had them ship it back to me. I’m going to just keep it for now. 73 Bill, WA9L