Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JS8CALL No Dax Audio

Options
chris1165
chris1165 Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Third-Party Software

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I have no problem with WSJT-X, JTDX or any other digital programs. However, I cannot get JS8CALL to work consistently or figure out why sometimes it works 20% of the time.

I can control SmartSDR with CAT using JS8Call with no issues. The audio doesn't always come through. When it stops working, below is what I see on the waterfall.

I've tried rebooting the 6400, restarting the computer, changing TCP ports, etc. Then for no reason, or reasons I can't figure out why, it will work until the next day when I try it again.

Any suggestions?

-Chris, N3MLB

Comments

• chris1165
    chris1165 Member ✭✭
    Options

It seems I spoke too soon. I found the fix and there is an error with JS8Call. The Array is not correct when it populates the list of INPUTS. If I pick RX2 from the list for Slice B(2), it doesn't work. The next on the list is RX7. If i pick that, the audio works.

I tested this theory but changing everything to Slice A (RX1). RX1 wouldn't work but the next on the list is MIC AUDIO. I select MIC audio, and it works.

I'll contact the developer.

73 de Chris, N3MLB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.