Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 Radio is connected but will not connect

Options
Michael MB
Michael MB Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows
Any ideas as to why I cannot connect to my radio even though it is connected????🤔

Serial: 4521-1104-6400-8870, Max Licensed Version: v3, Radio ID: 00-1C-2D-05-21-3C, Radio IP: 220.253.170.23, Radio Internet: NOT Available, Radio Firmware: v3.3.32.8203

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Michael, it looks like the version of software in the radio is different from the software version in your computer. If you open the same version on the computer as exists on the radio, it should connect.

Are you logging in locally or remotely?

• Michael MB
    Michael MB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Gday Len,
    Im logging in locally via the network here. It was working before, just literally overnight stopped.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I noticed the IP of the radio is a public IP. How do you have the radio and PC connected? Describe your network configuration.

Dave wo2x

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Looks to me like it wants you to update. You're not using the latest software.

• Michael MB
    Michael MB Member ✭✭
    Options
    I cannot update...it is saying the radio is not connected...yet I can connect remotely but not from the computer.
  • Michael MB
    Michael MB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Dave, It is connected via a switch and the switch is connected to my Router/Modem.
  • Michael MB
    Michael MB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Fixed it...Daves question tweaked my memory. The vpn was blocking everything on my network. I reminded it that it is a trusted private network and everything started working again....Thanks Dave.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Glad I could nudge your grey cells!

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.