Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When is Launch DAX and CAT

Options
awosha
awosha Member, Unconfirmed
I use Smart SDR for MAC. Works great. I then Launch FT8. (note at this point I have not launched DAX or CAT). again. works great and can receive messages. Can change frequency... all without CAT launched. Can even flip radio into transmit. So clearly CAT/DAX is in some form or fashion built into FT8. Peoblem is that when I try to transmit FT8 the radio is sent into transmit but not signal is sent. Thinking that I need to have a DAX channel open I launch DAX and make sure both FT8 and the slice are same DAX (usually #1). Still no luck. Couple of questions.
1. Do I need to launch DAX an d CAT to use the FT8 tool?
2. On DAX transmit what is the imput device? (options like intertnal mic, externa, mic... dont really make sense. The input device really is the SDR app but tht is not listed.

thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    Options

If you are using the built in FT8 tool you don't need to worry about launching DAX/CAT or any input/output settings. The software does all of that for you. You only need to worry about the DAX/CAT is if you decided to use external applications like WSJT-X or similar.

Good Luck with the software.

Michael, AA5SH

• awosha
    awosha Member, Unconfirmed
    Options
    Michael, Thanks. Do you happen to know what "input device" is choose on the flex Radio side. The problem I am having, I think, is that no audio is being sent from FT8 tool to the SDR app. ft8 is triggerig transmit but nothing is being sent since it looks like no audio stream. Just as an aside when I select my input device as the built in apple mic and just talk I do get power and SWR activity on the radio. So it seems to me like FT8 isnt sending audio correctly. Thanks AO
  • AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    Options

If you are using the built in tool there is no need to set an input/output device. Only thing to check would be to make sure the DAX button is pressed in the TX Panel. As well as the power slider. But typically all I ever had to do hit the RX button in the FT8 tool to start it up and then when click on someone or hit call CQ. Only thing I adjust is just the power slider to set the appropriate power level.

• Bryan_N5BDS
    Options
    I am having the same problem AW0SHA describes after FT8 working fine for some time. Then one day I fired up the rig and no transmit power on FT8. Anyone else have the same issue, and if so, how did you finally resolve it?
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

hi

when running macssdr and using the built in FT8 mode, need to select a dax channel and need to select TX in FT8 panel

also need to set power level

paul K3SF

then it is easy to make a contact

• Bryan_N5BDS
    Options
    Thanks Paul,

Turns out my problem was with the firewall settings that changed when I installed Sonoma. Once I adjusted those settings I was back in operation. Marcus tipped me off to the issue some are having with Sonoma firewall settings.

aw0sha