Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lots of IMD on my Flex-1500

Options
K1FSY
K1FSY Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios

Hello! I have had this Flex-1500 since it was released. I have recently begun using it again for transverter operations and am finding significant IMD out of the main PA and the XVTR/C jacks into two different transverters during the built-in two-tone test while receiving on another rig and an airspy. Check out this picture below of the flex driving a transverter (28MHz IF, same results with 30MHz IF) into a dummy load, followed by a picture of an icom 706 driving the same transverter with two tones into the mic. Test was performed at ~30% output power from the main PA for this test. I did another test using a 222 transverter and saw similar results when the flex was driving it from the XVTR/C port at 30% (supposedly 0dBm) drive.

ic-706mk2g into transverter

Tried same test with a fresh database that pulled calibration data from EEPROM with same results. Any thoughts?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.