Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone having trouble transmitting SSB on 17 meters?

Options
KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I have a Flex 6400 V 3.3.33.10471. Today I tried transmitting USB on 18.166 MHz and got the "interlock is preventing transmission" pop-up message. On a whim, I added a second receiver, changed its mode to CW, and was able to make a mixed-mode contact with W4WKU operating POTA in KY.

I did a factory reset and tried it before re-importing and got the same message. I normally have my TX Filter set to 200 - 2900. I tried cutting it way back to 2500 at the high end, but still have the issue. If I tune down to 165.100, I am able to transmit again.

If others are seeing this, then it is likely a small bug in the US Turf file. Otherwise, I suspect my SD card. I think that Dave, W4WKU was using his Flex 6400 on V 2.8.1 without issue. Dave, if you read this could you confirm which radio you were running today?

Nevermind... I was too close to the band edge.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Len... LOL... as I was reading your first paragraph, my first thought was '...too close to the band edge.' And was all ready to launch into the discussion of having to check your TX bandwidth settings :-)

Saw the message at the end :-) Glad you found it.

BTW, for others -- another 'hint' (courtesy of the Flex Software Engineers) is that the TUNE and MOX buttons will grey/gray out when you will transmit outside the band limits.

NOW.. just to bug MIke, etc. I wonder when us CAD hams will get the updated TURF file for 60m???? :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.