Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

QRM Eliminator and Flex 6300

Options
Russ Locke
Russ Locke Member
I recently purchased a QRM Eliminator that works pretty well, getting my internal noise (from my PS I think) down from 6db to 3db. BUT the Eliminator has a PTT jack and is supposed to be connected to the radio to enable the Eliminator to work during TX as well as RX. The 6300 has a PTT jack but connecting the Eliminator there does not work. Anyone tried one of these and know where to connect the PTT out from it?

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Russ, The PTT jack is input to the radio and typically comes from a mic button or foot switch. I think that you are looking for PTT out of the radio which comes out on the TX1 - TX3 RCA jacks. These jacks are set up using the TX Band Settings screen in SmartSDR. Plug the PTT of the QRM eliminator into TX1, TX2 or TX3 (not sure which or all of these exist on the 6300...), and then set up TX Band Settings to select the TX jack that you are using.

In this example, I use RCA TX1 to key my amplifier, TX2 keys my 2 meter transverter and TX3 keys my 2 meter amp.

• Russ Locke
    Options
    Thanks Len. The 6300 has one TX jack, I'll try that. Happy New Year!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.