Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Meandering Lo frequency with Slicemaster6K and CWS ?

Options

I am intrigued by the Lo frequency setting in CWS changing sometimes but not at other times . I am trying to figure out what parameters are involved for it to change . This is using Slicemaster6K and its Softrock setting , not the Softrock-IF option . I recently used Slicemaster and CW Skimmer to examined CW beacons on 10M . I noticed that initially, when SmartSDR moved to a frequency like 28270 , there was just a black waterfall in CWS . No sign of signals . After fiddling around I noticed that the Lo was quite some distance from the frequency I had moved the radio to . Thus, my intended frequency was outside the range for CWS . Manually changing the Lo frequency in CSW allowed me to eventually tune the beacon range . Previously , when using CWS, I never had cause to adjust the Lo myself , it seemed automatically handled by the software . Perhaps I am wrong .

Comments ?

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.