Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice-Master generating burbling sounds in received audio.

Options

When Slice Master is populating the panadapters with spots I notice a burbling in the received audio at that time. The timing seems to be 5 to 10 seconds after the top of the minute. I'm running the latest SM 0.10.8a and the latest SSDR v3.3.33 on my 6700 and W11pro on a new very fast i7 12 core PC. In the past on my older i5 PC people would notice that burbling or popping in my transmitted audio.

Regards, Dennis, k0eoo

Comments

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

As I understand the pre release comments from Flex, SSDR 3.4 will address this issue. In my own testing, it matters not what software is used to send Spots to the pan because the issue will occur regardless. I can mitigate against it considerably by limiting the DX Spot transfer. The DX Clusters I use are set up with user defined filters so that I only receive, and hence have transferred to the pan, Spots that I want e.g. no EU (I am in EU hence those are not DX) and with other common entities filtered out. This stops the burbling and cracking sounds except during busy contest weekends. The last CQ WW CW test was a prime example though I got more relief for that weekend by clearing the persistence database per the Flex instructions. Whether that is an acknowledged solution or just luck I do not know. So I am hopeful 3.4 will indeed fix this problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.