Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bose Companion 2 Series 2 Speakers - Issue

Options
Philip_VK3JNI
Philip_VK3JNI Member
Hello Flex-6600M users with Bose Companion 2 Series 2 Speakers. Yes, may-be a select group.

I have been puzzled by why my Bose Companion 2 Series 2 Speakers will not work off the same 12VDC supply as my Flex-6600M radio.

If I use the sightly RF noisy wall outlet power supply it works but with some RF induced noise from the speakers on transmit. Toss the wall outlet power supply, I hear your say.

If I use a separate 12V battery, it works but but with some RF induced noise from the speakers on transmit.

If I measure between the separate battery and the outside of the phono plugs I read around 6.25 VDC. from the positive of the separate battery to outside of the phono plugs I read 6.9 VDC. I would have expected the outside of the phono plug to be at zero or ground, typical of an unbalanced connection.

Before I buy new speakers, I am interested if anyone else has similar speakers, and read any voltage between the 12 battery and the phono plug outside connector? Has anyone else had this issue?

Tks Philip - VK3JNI.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.