Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setup with Tuner Genius XL and Yaesu FTdx101mp

Ronald H Schmahl
Ronald H Schmahl Member
edited December 2022 in Tuner Genius XL
1) I am having setup problems with the Genius Tuner XL (1-3) and an FTdx101 MP

1)After hooking up CAT to the tuner via the DB9 from the FTdx101 I see it is talking to the TGXL. Note that the menu of the FTdx101 must be set to "internal Tuner" or there is no CAT signal on the DB9 connector. I noted that the frequency displayed on the TGXL has the decimal in the wrong place. Instead of 3,615.000 it reads 361.500. Any thoughts? The readout from the TGXL does follow dial changes from the FTdx101. The Band data is blank also. The BAUD rate is set to 4800.

2)The PTT requirement: The FTdx101 does not have a PTT Output Line. Is it the "TXGND"
connection required to PPT A input on the TGXL instead? That would appear to make sense. Then the PPT A out would go to the AMP keying line.

3) Is there a power limit in bypass mode?

4) If you want the TGXL to be out of the circuit completely in both TX and RX,
what mode should it be in?

5) Must the TGXL power be on for full bypass?
Ron K2PSD

Comments

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

There is new FW coming out that fixes that. Currently just use RF sense.

Peter

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

There is a new firmware which will be coming soon to address the incorrect frequency parsing with Yaesu CAT.

You would use the TXGND out of the Yaesu to TG XL PTT In then TG XL PTT Out to amp PTT In. You may need to increase radio Transmit Delay.

Last, in bypass or tuner off, the TG XL can handle legal limit. If SWR is greater than 1.5:1 I leave my tuner in circuit.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.