Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GPS Antenna Question

I operate a Flex 6600 as a part of a group of several Flex radios. The unit in one of my QTHs has the amber power light on when I power down indicating the GPS unit is installed. I have not removed the cover to verify.

To make use of the GPS would I only have to get a GPS antenna power 3 -5 volts with an SMA connector? And then run the GPS Install option on the radio setup?

Answers

• Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭

Yes...just add a GPS antenna and run the setup: Settings/Radio Setup/GPS tab.

I bought the $15 "Waterproof GPS active antenna" made by QGP Supply through Amazon. It's been out in the weather for almost three years...works great.

--jim KJ3P

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Marty

Check the rear of the radio if there is an SMA connector. If so, the radio is physically equipped with a GPS and you need to add the antenna. Also the frequency offset in Settings/Radio Setup/Receive should be zero.

If there is no SMA then most likely it was removed or someone enabled it in software. Just uninstall it in software in GPS tab then.

Dave wo2x

• Dave

No sma connector. I uninstalled the software. Shutdown behavior is now normal.

Thank you.

73, Marty WD9GYM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.