Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Max power setting on PGXL?

Maybe I am missing something...but I don't see a way to limit the output power on the PGXL.

I am configured with the 6700, PGXL, TGXL, antennas genius.....

I want to limit the PGXL output based on the Antenna selected.....but I don't see a way to do this....

The reason.....I have a Vertical with a remote antenna tuner which is not rated for full output...I can bypass the TGXL with the band configurator when I select the vertical but I also need to make sure the PGXL does not output more power than the remote antenna tuner can handle......

I know I can limit the input power by adjusting the max power setting in the 6700 but that does not guarantee that I am not over driving the remote antenna tuner.

Comments

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

In the TX band settings you can change the maximum output power by band, so then you'll never drive the amp too much on that band.

• WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Yeah....that is in the 6700 settings and but not associated with the antenna that is selected.....also my experience has been that the setting is not always consistent to achieve the output power desired in the PGXL....and the setting changes anytime you adjust the RF power output.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Create a different TX profile for the two antennas.

Dave wo2x

• WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭

Similar to the bypass setting on the TGXL.....When I select a certain antenna I want the PGXL to recognize that and automatically limit the output power.....

It appears that this capability doesn't exists......

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

It does not. I do not know of any other amp on the market that does.

Amps will change power out based on different factors (temperature, load impedance change, changes in AC voltage, changes in exciter power, etc).

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.