Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600m eSSB audio, Virtual rack software or physical rack equipment.

Options

Recently I have been trying to improve the audio qualities transmitted from my Flex 6600m, for two reasons, I do allot of rag chew and over the past years my voice doesn't have the punch it did before. I have been using a Heil PR781 mic but as my voice flattened over the past years it has become difficult to drive the mic and get a clean, 100w signal out of the radio, so I have very recently changed over to a condenser mic to try to take the strain off my vocal cords. I have been looking closely to eSSB, and think this too may help.

I purchased a mic preamp too get the phantom power needed by the condenser mic, this unit some minor amount of eq but very limited. Also, I have used a virtual mixer in conjunction with a virtual DAW to add in the virtual rack equipment and have had some limited success. This has been running the transmit filters at 3.3 kc and up close to 4 kc.

The virtual equipment has the potential to be much less cost than tangible rack equipment, but the rack equipment is more stable.

Just wondering what you Guys and Gals have been using for improving your audio before going into the radio?

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

RE27ND and W2IHY 8 band EQ and EQ Plus.

I’ve been using this setup for years with various radios and the 8 band EQ and EQ Plus are modified to go out to 4.5 kHz bandwidth.

For ragchew on low end of 80 meters I run 50-4000 Hz with processor on and normal on radio with internal EQ off. For DX I run 200-3000 Hx with processor on DX or DX+.

I get unsolicited great audio reports with my 6600M.

I can make a sched on the air if anyone wants to hear it.

Dave wo2x

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that information.

Paul Kr5og

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.