Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connection Lost

Options

Hi

Operating the CQWW CW, we were multi operators Low Power and all of us remotely using SmartSDR3.3.33. We used the 6600 for RUN and the 6400 for MULT. At the beginning of the contest, the 6600 was losing the connection every 2 hours (approx.) but later started to be more frequent. We decided to change the 6400for RUN and the 6600 for MULT. The radio kept losing connection now was every 30 minutes. Even though we weren’t transmitting with the 6600 it will lose the connection, wait for about 3 minutes, appear again working until about 30 minutes, and again lose connection.

It was a headache, never happened before. I worked the CQWW SSB using the 6600, SO2R and it worked perfect. Since I have the radio it has never done this before, I was thinking it was the Internet however the 6400 worked perfect, I thought RF, but it was synchronized every 30-40 minutes (more or less) will automatically lose the connection. I thought the LAN cable that connects the radio to the router but it’s a new good shielded cable. The same one I have for the 6400.

At the end of the contest I entered by Anydesk to the station in Puerto Rico and turned on the 6600 with the SmartSDR to check if it loose the connection. It will be local and not by Smartlink. This have me worried, any help will be well appreciated. Thanks

Alfredo WP3C

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Alfredo.

Did you try to cold boot the 6600? Remove DC power?

as a troubleshooting step, I would suggest swapping all connections between the 6400 and 6600. Use all of the 6600 connections on the 6400, and all of the 6400 connections on the 6600.

That way you can isolate the problem to the radio or something external. This includes power, network, RF, and any other connections.

If the problem follows the radio, then open a Help Desk ticket.

Dave wo2x

• WP3C
    WP3C Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi David

I'm in TX but my dad lives next door to my house in PR, I can talk to him to remove the DC cable from the 6600 and put it back on. Regarding the other tests, my dad won't be able to do them, he's not very technological and he won't know what to do. After the contest was over I turned on the 6600 from the computer there at the station and I just entered through anydesk and the radio is still ON. Which makes me think it is a problem via remote (smartlink). Do you recommend me to do that test first? The one that my dad disconnect the DC Power and test it later? Thank you

Alfredo WP3C

• WP3C
    WP3C Member ✭✭
    Options

I unplugged power from the Flex and reset the router and it does the same thing. I will open a ticket

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    Options

Has anyone gotten a cure for this? My 6600 is doing the same thing. Windows 10 home, SSDR 3.3.3 and after a time, the lost connection screen pops up.

I can reconnect by going to the profile I was using, but it would be nice if would stay connected. I'm using APRS and Packet, and if I leave it for too long, it just stops, although the SSDR screen stays on.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.