Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWSkimmer with SDR Bridge isn't updating when I update panadapter

I'll start by saying that I have followed the instructions on the NN4ZZ help file (which is wonderful)
https://qrv.com/download/NN4ZZ%20SDR-Bridge%20V3%20&%20CwSkimmer%20V2%20SETUP%201-Nov-2022.pdf

I am able to get SmartSDR (v3.3.32) to connect to CWSkimmer (v2.1) using SDR Bridge V3. Spots are flowing as expected using the instructions.

My only issue is that when I change the panadapter (zoom, scroll, etc.), then the spots are off frequency. They still come in, but with the wrong freq. I've discovered that if I open the CWSkimmer settings again and update the LO Frequency field to match the center frequency of the panadapter, everything works again (spots go to the right frequency). However, if I change the panadapter, it breaks again.

It seems something isn't right - CWSkimmer isn't updating automatically via SDR Bridge or something.

Ideas?

Comments

• Pat_N0HR
    Pat_N0HR Member
    One clue may be my Stream in the SDR Bridge app isn't showing a range. Rather it's only showing a single frequency.
  • Pat_N0HR
    Pat_N0HR Member
    Looks like this is only a problem on slice A. If I setup Slice B in SDR-Bridge, it works as expected.

I may need to nuke the config setting for IQ1 to get things going again.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Pat,

Yes it should show the range, see snapshot of mine and yours. I'm not sure of the cause but you might try using a different IQ stream ( e.g. 2 or 3 or 4) and see if that makes any difference. Also sometimes rebooting the PC seems to fix DAX issues.

If you don't have any luck you can email Ed / W2RF for help.

Let me know if you find something new and I'll add it to the next revision of the guide.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6600 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V3.3.33

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.