Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Front end PHONES enabled

Hi all

Using a Flex 6500, and SmartSDR version 2.7.6n on a Windows 10 computer.

I am trying to use a Bose headset on the front end jack, but I get no audio out.

Am I missing a setup somewhere to enable this jack to work ?

Thanks + 73

Paul F6EXV

Comments

• Paul, check on the top right of the screen. You can control the volume of the speakers or the headset and mute or unmute them. Also, there is a mute on the slice flag. Let us know if that helps. Best 73, Jim

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Jim

Thanks for reply,, but both are set at adecuate levels.

The problem is somewhere else...

Paul F6EXV

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Hi Paul

Top right of the spectrum display. To the left of the speaker and headphone volume slider controls is a button labeled "PC Audio". Is that button blue (indicating on). If so then click on it so that it turns gray.

With that button "blue" , the speaker and headphone audio is muted at the radio.

Gayle K0FLY

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hi Gayle

It is correct, it is grey, and I still hear the sound through the PC speakers.

If grey, should the PC speakers be muted ?

Paul F6EXV

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Paul:

I've never run audio through the PC, however I just tried it, with the button blue (active) there is audio out of my PC (radio audio is muted), with the button Grey the PC is muted and audio is from the radio. That is how I would expect the system to operate.

Have you tried a factory reset. In the five or six years of using Flex radios I have had to do a Factory reset once. If that doesn't work maybe it's time for a help desk ticket.

Gayle K0FLY

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Gayle

Regardless of whether the PC AUdio is blue or grey, I get the audio from the PC, and no audio from the front end Phones jack.

I have always wondered what is lost when you do a factory reset...

Paul F6EXV

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Save your profiles, then reload them after the reset.

Gayle

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.