Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Please help identify strange interference on 6600M panadapter

Neil D Friedman N3DF
Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

For the past few weeks, I have had interference (?) consisting of columns of vertical dashes on my 6600M panadapter, The columns are about 30 kHz apart. They are strongest (S9) on the bands for which I have antennas (20 and 40), but are present on other HF bands. I have tried unplugging things and rebooting without success. Any ideas as to what this might be?

Comments

• J.C. W4QK
    J.C. W4QK Member ✭✭

I'm not sure what you may be seeing, but a local group of Flex owners have been seeing similar interference recently. There has been a lot of interference on the upper HF bands from the so called Iranian Over The Horizon Radar. Some mornings on 10 meters it is in two sections on my panadapter. It sounds like two different transmissions. One transmission will have a specific tone and a wide bandwidth, then the other signal will have a different tone and a more narrow bandwidth. If you go to YouTube and search for OTH Radar you will find a few videos of the Iranian radar noise.

73 - JC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.