Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT8 Ipad frequency shift lock?

Hey, running FT8 on my Ipad , is there a way to lock transmit audio frequency so I don't shift around with everyone I work?

Thanks,

Bill WW5M Munford, TN

Tagged:

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

hi

this is from macssdr manual for FT8 operation

i haven tried on yet with iosSSDR...but both apps seem to work the same way

Paul K3SF

RX: TX: Frequencies

The two entry fields are used to enter your RX and TX frequency in Hz relative to the Slice frequency. The values usually ranges from 100 to 2900 Hz.

If you click on a line in the receive list, the frequencies will be taken over from the line you have clicked.

However, you can manually enter different values or use the buttons =TX which will u the current TX Frequency as TX Frequency or the =RX button which will do the opposite.

If the blue Lock button shows a closed lock, TX and RX frequencies will always be equ which is the regular operating mode.

However, if the receiving station can’t hear you, you can switch to a different TX frequency. For this, just hit the lock Icon to change it to the unlocked state. You can then either enter another frequency or more conveniently select the TX frequency fro the Panadapter as explained before under Panadapter.

• Bill WW5M
    Bill WW5M Member ✭✭

Thanks Paul,

I did find it earlier this week in the iOS sdr manual. Just never got around to reposting my finding.

RX=TX checked - TX will follow receive

RX=TX unchecked - TX frequency stays put

Thanks and 73, Bill WW5M

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.