Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius XL CAT Jack CI-V blocks RS-232 why ?

Options

Hi to all,

i have Flexradio 6500 and all work fine with Power Genius XL.

Also i have other two radio, an ICOM 7851 radio connected with the 3.5mm Jack in the CI-V cat Port A and this unfortunately prohibits the dialogue on the RS232 port where I connected the Kenwood 990.

Removing the 3.5mm Jack the cat via rs232 works with a straight Pin9 female to Pin9 female cable from Kenwood 990 to PowerGenius. I then tried to insert a mono connector without connections to any wire to understand if the rs232 could work but it does not work because the jack inserted even without contacts between the central unit and the gnd, disables the rs-232. I don't understand why they did this. In this way I am obliged to remove the connector from the CI-V to make the Cat work via RS232.

I use a matrix system which by selecting the Kenwood 990 radio blocks the other cat by blocking the protocol traffic on the CI-V and therefore I could leave the 3.5 mm jack. inserted without problems. But unfortunately the 3.5 CI-V port A or B has to be removed from the female on the rear panel of the PowerGenius.

I would like to know from the flexradio technicians if it is possible to remove the inhibition of the RS232 since the Jack inserted in the CI-V (even without being connected to any cable) blocks the RS23. By removing this internal lock, it would be possible to change the settings only from the PowerGenius software, without having to remove the 3.5 mm jack from the CI-V to get the RS232 going.

Thanks 73 Alex ik5pwj

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.