Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Base Mic Desktop Setup with PTT for PC to operate 6400 remotely.

Bill
Bill Member ✭✭

I see Mike and all other youtubers using a fancy hanging mic with cage etc...with their station. I just got the 6400 and it is 40 miles away from my home QTH with PC here. So what I'm asking is what are the choices for PC mics that offer fairly good 'specs' for audio frequencies that will be compatible with the issues that go along with remote operation (ie latency freq response etc).

I have a Yamaha CM500 headset that is great so far but lacks the Y connector to hook PTT somewhere into the PC. So where would the handheld PTT button plug into the pc to key the flex remotely? Also I have a foot switch that will work ....how does it connect to the PC to key the flex. Vox operation is easy to configure....no extra wiring haa so no questions there.

I have heard several hams make and sell Y connectors on ebay or somewhere. Maybe Flex sells what I need on their store.?

So:

1. I need the deskstank/cage mice/mixer setup suggestions with options or a place to find them. I haven't mentioned the mixer much but I think that would be a super help to control the voice frequency properties for transmit although Flex probably does most of that.
  2. I need a Y connector w/PTT to hook up my headset to work with the Flex.
  3. Finally...I have a Heil HM-10 Base Mic with stand that is 30 years old. I'm told it needs a new/different cartridge for inside to work with a PC??? Any offers or suggestions there? I could use that perhaps with the 8 pin Y adaptor at the rig on the local LAN when operating that there. OR keep it at home.
  4. I've been told there are lots of sources for these including Amazon etc. Any source help would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestions and input in advance. I've been using the Flex 6300 and just decided to trade it in and swap it for the 6400 for various reasons (new warranty, old rig but good one..trade b4 it has problems, etc)

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Bill, WB4KSP

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.