SmartSDR v3.7.3 and the SmartSDR v3.7.3 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.12.0 and the SmartSDR v2.12.0 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.8.4 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.8.4
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.20 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.20
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
Base Mic Desktop Setup with PTT for PC to operate 6400 remotely.
I see Mike and all other youtubers using a fancy hanging mic with cage etc...with their station. I just got the 6400 and it is 40 miles away from my home QTH with PC here. So what I'm asking is what are the choices for PC mics that offer fairly good 'specs' for audio frequencies that will be compatible with the issues that go along with remote operation (ie latency freq response etc).
I have a Yamaha CM500 headset that is great so far but lacks the Y connector to hook PTT somewhere into the PC. So where would the handheld PTT button plug into the pc to key the flex remotely? Also I have a foot switch that will work ....how does it connect to the PC to key the flex. Vox operation is easy to configure....no extra wiring haa so no questions there.
I have heard several hams make and sell Y connectors on ebay or somewhere. Maybe Flex sells what I need on their store.?
- I need the deskstank/cage mice/mixer setup suggestions with options or a place to find them. I haven't mentioned the mixer much but I think that would be a super help to control the voice frequency properties for transmit although Flex probably does most of that.
- I need a Y connector w/PTT to hook up my headset to work with the Flex.
- Finally...I have a Heil HM-10 Base Mic with stand that is 30 years old. I'm told it needs a new/different cartridge for inside to work with a PC??? Any offers or suggestions there? I could use that perhaps with the 8 pin Y adaptor at the rig on the local LAN when operating that there. OR keep it at home.
- I've been told there are lots of sources for these including Amazon etc. Any source help would also be appreciated.
Thanks for your suggestions and input in advance. I've been using the Flex 6300 and just decided to trade it in and swap it for the 6400 for various reasons (new warranty, old rig but good one..trade b4 it has problems, etc)
Looking forward to your suggestions.
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 239 Community Topics
- 2.1K New Ideas
- 472 The Flea Market
- 7.1K Software
- 5.9K SmartSDR for Windows
- 127 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 326 SmartSDR for Mac
- 238 SmartSDR for iOS
- 220 SmartSDR CAT
- 158 DAX
- 347 SmartSDR API
- 8.5K Radios and Accessories
- 6.9K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 721 Maestro
- 39 FlexControl
- 834 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 704 Genius Products
- 379 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 243 Tuner Genius XL
- 82 Antenna Genius
- 225 Shack Infrastructure
- 150 Networking
- 358 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 119 Contesting
- 565 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 113 Amateur Radio Interests
- 796 Third-Party Software