Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Transverter User with Questions ...

w1smc
w1smc Member ✭✭

I just brought my Q5 L144-28/HP150 online after rearranging my shack ... I'm getting bad signal reports (scratchy & distorted) ... I can hit a local repeater without issue and I'm hearing all of the activity ... I'm running a 6600M with a Heil PR40 mike ... anyone provide any insight, settings etc. ... I do not want to **** up my Q5 ... thx ...

Best Answer

Answers

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike ...

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Hey Mike,

What would the FDX setup be to listen to myself using XVTA? I've done this for SSB on HF but never 2M FM.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The same, except use an unused antenna port to listen to yourself.

If it was me, I would use the 28Mhz IF frequency (subtract 116Mhz from your 2M frequency).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.