Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mixed Reality Headsets

Of late I have been thinking about Mixed reality headsets.-- I just put this post on a FaceBook group on a lark. We'll see what transpires. My last Flex radio was a 6300 but the TS-990 siren call was too much to resist. Though I enjoyed my Flex experience. But I'm thinking the next "big thing" in Ham Radio is being discussed right now down there in Austin. ( I am a UT Austin grad! laughs) ---- My Icom Group FaceBook Post below

The mash-up image below is not "official" But it could be in the near future. I'm betting that Icom or *Flex Radio* will be the first Ham radio manufacturers to adopt Mixed reality glasses as the primary interface to a Black Box HF rig. No "Knobs", no "Scopes", "No Buttons" No flashing Lights" The AR / VR glasses below are Magic Leap 2's released this year- There is little technical reason NOT to introduce this interface to Ham radio. Microsoft just signed a $20 billion for their Mixed reality "Holo Lens" headset for Army and Marine infantry. Apple's coming Mixed reality headset may well transform many devices. It couldn't come fast enough for me. Mike WA4D

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

So, a couple of more 'practical' issues here:

a) how would you select a frequency to listen to? 'Look' at it?

b) built in microphone? where?

c) CW keying???

d) how to adjust various filters, bands, etc.?

Just sayin... doesn't really look that practical to me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.