Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

EMI Interference

Here's a SmartSDR spectral plot across my 20m band of interference with the associated huge increase in noise floor. Baseline noise floor, no preamp, BW 2.7k, should be an S meter reading of S2-3. Anyone have an idea what would be causing this. My antenna is a ground mounted Hustler vertical, no radials. I've added a screen grab for reference. Hope it comes through. Thanks, Ron

Comments

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

Wow! Looks like it is repeating itself every 80kHz. Is it just local 14 metre band, or it across the whole HF spectrum?

Over-the-horizon radar? Livestock electric fence? Not seen that much emi before, even from local solar panel inverters round my neighborhood.

Can’t help!

73 de Mike.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I think the super high Static accross all the lower bands is the Sun's Activity that is really disrupting things.

Sounds like VERY high Rain static here and lasts for about 2-3 minutes then is dead quiet until the next one.

It is knocking out some of the DB Satelitte TV stuff to.

Bret

WX7Y

• Ron Miles
    Ron Miles Member ✭✭
    Here's a spectrum display across the 15m band, 6MHz wide. This interference is very broad and looks the same on 40, 30, 20 and 17m bands. I do not hear a hum or buzz at each noise peak but instead just high level static. Troubleshooting continues. Thanks.
  • DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

Hi Ron, any solar pannels installed lately in the neighbourhood?

• Ron Miles
    Ron Miles Member ✭✭
    Hi Volker: Yes, solar panels installed nearby as seen on Google maps. I'm having 19 solar panels installed end of month (October). Time to get my drone out and check for any new solar panel additions in the neighborhood. Thanks, Ron
  • DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

If you have a rotatable antenna than you could verifiy where it is coming from. Inverters and LED lights can make that trouble. Before/After sun set is there still interference? (some inerters also make noise after sunset...)