Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Waterfall Timescale Out of Whack on 80m & 160m After Software Update

Software Version 3.2.39

After being off-line for a lengthy period, I fired up my Flex 6700, updated the firmware/SmartSDR for Windows. I did the upgrades in the sequence specified.

Problem 1: Now the waterfall timescale on 80m & 160m seems to be way out of the norm. It shows a time scale in long periods of time like 40+ seconds, etc., so the waterfall takes a long time to even begin to become visible and remains highly compressed. See screenshot below.

Ports remain forwarded and set to proper protocols (TCP & UDP) as before with no changes to the main router.

Problem 2: I also use SmartSDR for Mac to remotely access the radio but now it does not see the radio listed as available. I have confirmed the Smartlink setup seems to be right and I did perform the Smartlink setup (Register/PTT press) but nonetheless, the radio doesn't show up as available in SmartSDR for Mac.

Making no progress, I also tried downgrading but the problems was not resolved. I have returned the radio/software to 3.2.39. Other than the problems identified above, the radio/software seems to be working normally.

I must have missed something along the way.

How do I correct these problems? Thank you.

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

The waterfall speed (or rate) can be adjusted easily. From the SmartSDR manual:

The "Display" menu button on the Panadapter menu will expose the display controls. A horizontal line separates Panadapter controls (top) from Waterfall controls (bottom). (Note: This menu is at the top left corner of the panadapter - it may be hidden and only a right-pointing arrow will show. If this is the case, click the arrow.)

The "rate" control adjusts how fast the Waterfall will advance on the screen. At the lowest setting, many minutes of data can be displayed. At its highest setting, the Waterfall displays a rapidly changing spectrum in the most detail.

73, Craig KØCF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.