Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can someone tell me what this interference is

Options
I get this interference at different times on different bands. I keep thinking it must be a wall wart of such but I have made a search disconnecting them and yet this persist. I also wonder why it moves around on the band.
Thanks,
Dalton
Flex 6500

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Last time i saw something similar, it was a power supply , it was in the neigborhood, about 30 or 40 Meters from the guy´s antenna. Someting inside oscillated and sent out harmonics...

Harald

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That is nothing unusual! I have noticed many times some SERIOUS interference patterns anywhere between top band and 40 metres. They drift across the band spread at leisure and there is nothing I can do to mitigate it. I often check on a web SDR, for example, Hack Green in the UK, and the issue shows up there as well, so much of the interference is not local to me. There is also much fixed frequency interference that can occur on top of an otherwise pleasant QSO, as if I don't even exist!

Having the most amazing ability to view large segments of the HF band all at once on my 6600M panadaptor display, one can easily view these nasty interferences. Probably over-the-horizon radar, who knows, but you can be assured that the perpetrators will never hold up their hands and confess the error of their ways!

All part of the fun of amateur radio.....

Mike G4GWH

• Mike Steventon
    Options

Here's one at the moment on 20 metres!!!!

Mike G4GWH

• Mike Steventon
    Options

-And here is the same thing on Hack Green at the same time. It renders the frequency absolutely useless!!