Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Deleting the waterfall display

Options

I want to delete the waterfall. I know I can 'blank' it by turning off AUTO in DISPLAY settings but how to remove it entirely? I have read that one can "Drag the waterfall top bar down so it is hidden." What is the waterfall top bar? I have messed with the display with no luck. Thanks!

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hover your mouse over the white line between the panadapter and the waterfall. When the cursor turns into the parallel lines with arrows, you will be able to drag the waterfall all the way down.

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭
    Options

Len, ah that is clear, thanks. I was using the 6400M's screen - I guess there is no way to do it there.

• KD0RC
    Options

Oh, I always forget about the Maestro and M models having a slightly different interface. :- )

I looked through the Maestro manual and didn't see anything about disabling the waterfall.

When I first got my 6400, I thought I would not use the waterfall much, but now that I have had it for a while, I find it to be invaluable. Because the panadapter spectrum decays fairly quickly (depending on averaging values), I like that I can see 30 - 40 seconds of activity on the band. Makes it much easier to find an empty slot to call CQ, or conversely, to find a signal to listen to.

On the M model, there is no particular performance (i.e. network latency) benefit for closing the waterfall, so was wondering why you want to close it (just curious).

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭
    Options

Agree on all. I just wanted the spectrum display(s) to be larger with both slices open. It was not a performance related issue. 73

• KD0RC
    Options

Ah, makes sense.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.