Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Turn DAX on with Streamdeck?

Rich M5RIC
Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

Hi All

Am trying to find the REST command so I can ensure DAX is turned on every time when using RTTY. I have a command to set the DAX channel to 1 or 2 depending on what slice I am using but finding that DAX is not always enabled.

I usually find this when I go to TX and no diddles are generated.

I use a 6600M so this is done by pressing the MIC/SPEED button in to get the screen and then tap 'DAX' to turn on.

I use a streamdeck to change bands as then I know all the settings I want are correct - Band, Mode, TX Antenna, RX Antenna etc.

I'd like to add another line to ensure DAX also on too.

I looked at the API help and can only Find MODESETDAX but this seems to only apply to DIGL and not when mode = RTTY.

Has anyone managed to do this, if so how please?

Thanks

Rich

Tagged:

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Rich

Which DAX do you speak of, TX DAX or RX DAX?

In FRstack REST commands, TX DAX is in the "Radio Commands, on/off". RX DAX is in the Slice Commands, channel "1-8" or 0, "off".

Alan. WA9WUD

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

Hi

I have RX DAX working fine but can't get TX DAX working.

Like I said the command listed doesn't seem to toggle for RTTY, unless you have it working?

Rich

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

You don't favour the FRStack Hot Key method then? I simply call it from Stream Deck as part of a multi-action command, either ON if it is OFF or the reverse.

Calling it again will turn TX DAX on. The Hot Key combination is by your preference.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You could set up a mic/transmit/global profile combo for RTTY then call the global profile from Stream Deck.

I’ll check for the DAX TX command.

Dave wo2x

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

Hi Erik

Thanks for this, everything I have done has used REST commands so hadn't thought of hot keys.

I need to always turn it on though (or keep it on when already on), I will be assigning it to a multi action band change function I have set-up, I don't want to turn it off at all.

Rich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.