Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FTDX101MP will not talk to PGXL

I set the baud rate inside the radio to 4800, I tried both Yaesu options and neither led to any communication. I'm using a F to F DB9 connector.

Suggestions?

Peter

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Are you using a straight through or crossover cable? Do you have a DB9 null modem adapter to try?

Dave wo2x

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Its a straight cable. I can see flickering sometimes, not repeatedly, with gibberish in the CAT display of the PGXL.

Peter

• Peter,

Have you considered using the FTDX101MP's rear panel "Linear" connector BCD output to PGXL's BCD input. They are directly compatible. I use this configuration between my FTDX101MP and the 4O3A 8x2 antenna switch -- works flawlessly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.