Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using the TGXL and PGXL with a Yaesu radio

Options

So, I see in the manual I can use a straight DB9 to DB9 from the radio ....FTDX101MP......to the amplifier. But, now how do I provide that data to the TGXL? In other words, there is only one DB9 connector on the radio and amp, so how do I daisy chain the TGXL into the mix? Is there a way to somehow split the DB9 cable and have it feed both simultaneously?

Thanks

Peter

Answers

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

You could bring Yaesu CAT into PC via the radio’s USB cable then use a program such as Virtual Serial Port Emulator (VSPE) to set up a serial port splitter then serial port bridle to two USB to serial cables, one for amp, one for tuner.

Dave wo2x

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Dave thanks great response. I already pull the data out of the radios's into the PC so your idea is pretty good. I have that program already but hadn't used it in a while. Thanks for that one.

Peter

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

No problem. Feel free to reach out if you need help.

Email me. I have a document I wrote quite a few yeats ago that covers what you want to do with VSPE.

My e-mail is good on QRZ.

73 Dave wo2x

• Jeff Carson
    Jeff Carson Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi, were you able to get it to work?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.