Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RF Power Slider Location:Flex 6400M

Options

I keep reading about an RF Power Slider. I know there is a Tune Power Slider, but don't recall an RF Power Slider. Plus, for some reason when I operate my PGXL the output in the TX Band Settings is 50 watts, and I don't know how to change that. Any help with that? I tried to use the PGXL on 6 meters and 50 watts is not enough to get 1.5KW. Please help!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Mark Griffin
    Options

Spanky,

That all and fine if I am using the SmartSDR Software program. But I have the 6400M. Plus my major problem is when I operate my PGXL amp I can only output 50 watts into the PGXL. Now if I use the PGXL APP on operate my limit is 50 watts output. But if I set the app to Standby than the RF Output shows 100. But as soon as I click Operate it go back to 50 watts. And this is in the TX Band Settings menu on my 6400M.

Mark KB3Z

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Options

If not using Smart SDR, use the radio knob middle, right hand side, Mic/speed- outer knob PWR. or you can go into the menu and set tune up power and transmit power in the TX band settings.

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry mark, your needs exceed my abilities.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mark

You say you cannot set the RF power above 50%.

Most likely you are running an instance of FRStack. Check the options, PG-XL tab settings.

FRStack comes default with the Maximum power of 50%, when PG_XL is in "Operate".

Alan

• Mark Griffin
    Options

Thanks Alan!

Now the question is how do I change the Maximum power to 100%? Which I would assume would allow me to set my 6400M where I could get close to 1,500 watts power output?

Mark KB3Z

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In FRStack, options, FRStack tab, enter "0" for maximum power when PG-XL is in operate.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Mark Griffin
    Options

I had a new Cushcraft 5 element 6 meter beam installed on my tower about 4 months ago. Looking at the specifications, it is rated at 1,000 watts. So that has changed of how much power output I want for 6 meters. Plus, I operate a Stream Deck and I use FRStack to make it communicate with my 6400M. In the options there is a tab for the PGXL and you can designate the maximum power used for RF. I just went into the program and set it for 100 watts. I checked the TX Band Settings in PGXL Operate Mode and it was reading 100. So the problem has been solved. Thanks Alan for all of your help!

Mark KB3Z

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.