Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL Automatic tuning without pressing a button?

Options
is it possible with the Tuner Genius to have it automatically tune without having to push the tune button in the TGXL utility? My setup is
Flex-6600
TGXL
PGXL
Thanks
Don C
W3TUB

Answers

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Don

If you setup the memories then you would not have to use the tune button. I believe there are 10 memories for each band except 160 which has 20 memories. Look at 20m. If you operate across the band then you would take the 350/10 + 35khz for each tuning point. Say you start at 14.035 you do a tune at that freq. You can also fine tune on the TGXL Utility by adjusting each of the three buttons (C-L-C). The key is to save the configuration by selecting the left most button when you are done tuning so it is highlighted and the deselect it by pressing the button again so it is no longer highlighted. You go through the same process for 14070, 14105, etc. This process stores the results in memory so when come back to a frequency close to one that is stored you will see the three buttons' numbers change and you don't have to use the tune button. I also keep on a spread sheet the numbers - C, L, C - so in case something gets **** up I can alway restore from hardcopy on a spreadsheet. I reference Section 7.2 starting on page 48 in the TGXL manual.

Hope this helps.

Don - kx9q

• Don
    Don Member
    Options
    Interesting idea. Will give it a shot. I kinda am close just didnt cover all the bands yet. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.