Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multi-use accessory connection

So. As I have my first 3rd party hardware device working successfully with my 6600 connected to the accessory port on the 6600, I am looking at in a coule months acquiring a different one. My question is what is the "best" way to split the accessory port for multiple devices. I understand it is a DB15 connector which is the same as a SVGA connector. Is there any prefered device to use to make use of more than one device on the accessory port? I was looking at SVGA splitters (not sure the wiring would match up) and A/B monitor selectors but not sure if they would be feasible to use and I was worried about simply splitting the port into two separate cables with one at the flex. Any ideas?

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Glenn, it is not a DB15 connector, even though it has 15 pins. It is the same connector used for SVGA, but I don't have the name of it handy.

Are the two devices using the same connections, or are they doing different things and using different signals from ACC connector?

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

I beleive the VGA connector is called HD15 or DE15

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

Yes, I used the wrong name. My question still applies. Looking at wiring of the SVGA connectors, it seems like most are inline with what is used in the flex connection. It is HD15 connector.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

A SVGA A/B switch will likely not work because its designed for video and does does not switch all of the lines that Flex uses. Indeed, SVGA does not use all of the 15 pins that Flex uses. Most SVGA cables do not have all of the lines that Flex uses.

AL, K0VM

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

And be careful most SVG a cables have several pins all tied together for ground. Make sure whatever cable you use has individual wires for each pin.

Dave wo2x

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

I would make my own cable, not an svga cable. Was simply curious if having two seperate modem types tied into the same port at the same time would create an issue as they would not be seperated like a switch would be able to do. Not even sure I would need to do this at this point, just curious I suppose.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.