Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexRadio.sys

I know this is an ancient FlexRadio, however, it just keeps going like the Energizer Battery. I recently setup Windows 11 and installed PowerSDR for my 5000A. Works great until I Stop or click Closer or shutdown windows. Then a BSOD occurs. I traced the cause to C:\Program Files\FlexRadio\FlexRadio.sys. What to do? :'(

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Open a command prompt in Administrator mode.

At the prompt type:

sfc /scannow

Hit enter.

Be sure to leave a space between sfc ( single space goes here) /scannow

This will fix any corrupt files you may have. I had a similar issue with a used Dell pc that came with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed. Running System File Checker ( sfc) fixed the problem.

James

WD5GWY

• K4SKR
    K4SKR Member ✭✭
    RE: James. Thanks for your advice. I am familiar with sfc. I did run it after the last
    BSOD and several system files were found corrupt. I do not know if they correlate to the issue. I started PowerSDR and after an hour a BSOD occurred. I again traced the BSOD to flexradio.sys. I ran sfc and this time no problem found. PFN leading to BSOD caused by flexradio.sys may be a false flag.
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Have you ran LatencyMon alongside PowerSDR? Letting it run might give you more insight into what is happening. I had a heck of a time getting things stable with my 5000A and PowerSDR. Everything from issues using a PCI firewire card instead of PCIe firewire card to Turbo Boost in the BIOS ( I had to turn it off) . Also, Microsoft OneDrive would cause a BSOD when closing PowerSDR. I would get errors about t PowerSDR not having permission to save data in the OneDrive log file. I don't use off site storage so, I Uninstalled OneDrive and closing PowerSDR no longer crashes the pc.

There are so many things that interact together and make things difficult to track down. Good luck.

James

WD5GWY

• K4SKR
    K4SKR Member ✭✭
    Hi James

After many hours of testing, I can identify the cause of the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT which is FlexRadio.sys. sfc does not fix the problem because the BSOD continues to occur. Since the legacy product is no longer supported by Flex, I have chosen to sell the 5000A and move on to a 6000 series.

Thanks for all your assistance and patience with me.

K4SKR
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

You will like the 6000 radios.

I will offer one more suggestion. Go to KE9NS 's website and download his latest version of PowerSDR. Makes a backup of your settings. Then, uninstall the version of PowerSDR you currently have installed. Then install the new version from KE9NS . That should replace all the program files including Flexradio.sys.

Hopefully, that will make a difference.

James

WD5GWY

• K4SKR
    K4SKR Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I am running the current version of KE9NS PowerSDR software. The installer does install FlexRadio.sys, however, it is the legacy driver that is not maintained by Darren.
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

I forgot to mention I am also running Windows 11Pro. And after several initial problems, I have managed to get it to play nice with PowerSDR. I always pause Windows Update while I am running PowerSDR. Making sure the settings in the Flex Radio Firewire Utility are matched in PowerSDR really helped. I wish I could be of more help. But, I certainly understand your frustration.

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.