Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I just bought a used Flex 6400M

KA6AKH
KA6AKH Member, Unconfirmed
Do I need to register the ownership change? What should I do relative to the Flex company?

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Nothing to do about change of ownership. To operate remote, a new smartlink account will need to be set up.

• KA6AKH
    Thank you.
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi KA6AKH...welcome to the Flex Community! Drop by anytime, we're glad to help.

By the way, the 'licence' as to which version of SmartSDR you can use goes with the radio, so if the radio has version 3.xx then you are good to go. If it has version 2.x and you want to make use of 'multi-Flex' (where two people can be logged onto the radio at the same time), then you'll need to upgrade the radio's licence to v3. It think the cost is still $200 USD. Check with the help desk, or sales @ Flex to confirm.

• KA6AKH
    Thank you for the information. The 6400M is at 3.xx. It is a big step up from my 1500 and I'm loving learning all about it.

73's