Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RemoteRig Voice Setup

Val  DM1TX
Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Third-Party Software

Hi all,

I have here a new RemoteRig kit. CW works fine and very easy to set up. I want to use the original FHM-1 microphone too. Can anybody help with some ideas how to set this up? There are some suggestions in the RemoteRig manual but did not work. Do I need an extra cable for the main unit? On the radio side I guess only a cable is necessary. Appreciate any ideas.

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

To use an RR, you'll need to do the following beyond the usual network settings for RR.

• Connect the RR Radio end to the MIC input on the radio. Not Line In.
    • Connect the RR PTT to the PTT on the radio
    • Select Radio Mic input on SmartSDR (make sure you have the correct radio input)
    • Jumpers on the RR Control end wired for Yeasu HF Mic
    • Test PTT on the MIC and see if the radio goes into TX.
    • Set MIC Bias off on SmartSDR
    • Test with the +20db boost on SmartSDR
    • Set your MIC gain as required on SmartSDR keeping the Voice Peaks on the Level meter to below -5dbm
    • You might have to adjust the MIC Gain in on the RR User end and the MIC gain output on the Radio end

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.